I believe that we need to work to preserve and develop Ashbourne’s High Street. We need the right mix of shops, a thriving market, an online presence and a balance between tourism and a self-sustaining local economy. If any of these links aren’t working or you have other suggestions for online businesses please let me know.
There are some local independent retailers who are part of the character of the town and who offer great value and service:
13. The Olive Tree (unfortunately this has now closed)
As a developing town we also have a number of online businesses operating in Ashbourne too. You can still Try Ashbourne First even in cyberspace!
1. Pachacuti – Award-winning, fashionable, Fairtrade panama hats http://www.panamas.co.uk/
2. Broadband.co.uk – lots of advice on getting the best broadband service http://www.broadband.co.uk/
3. CW Sellors – jewellery and watches including locally manufactured and using Derbyshire bluejohn http://www.cwsellors.com/
4. In21Now – portable AV devices in lots of different formats http://www.in21now.co.uk/
5. Guitars4you – a magnificent shop for everything guitars – acoustic and electric http://www.guitars4you.co.uk/
6. Stepping Stone Shoes – children’s shoes with a wide range of brands http://www.steppingstonesashbourne.co.uk/
7. UKgeocachers – supplies for off-road GPS navigation http://www.ukgeocachers.co.uk/
8. Peak Fancy Dress – costume hire based at Peak Gateway http://www.peakfancydress.co.uk/
9. Model Railway Loft – their aim is “to be the best Online Model Railway shop in the UK http://www.modelrailwayloft.co.uk/
10. Sturban Clothing – street clothing with huge choice. http://www.sturbanclothing.com